Skip to main content

George and Amal Clooney announce birth of twins Ella and Alexander




George Clooney has become a first-time father at the age of 56, as his wife Amal gives birth to twins.
A spokesman for the couple confirmed that the Clooneys have welcomed their newborns into the world, naming them Ella and Alexander.
In a statement, a representative said: "This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives. "
Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine.”
He joked: "George is sedated and should recover in a few days."

George and Amal Clooney
George and Amal Clooney
CoinBulb
The twins had been expected any day now, with Clooney declining an invitation to accept a humanitarian award overseas a week ago. 
“I really would have been [in Armenia] but if I came there and my wife had twins while I was there, I could never come home,” Clooney said in an acceptance video.
Once Hollywood’s most eligible bachelor, he has previously spoken about his delight in becoming a father saying: “I didn't know that we'd have kids. I was very happy that we were going to get married and then [children] seemed like the next step.”
The couple's Grade II-listed home in Sonning, Berkshire, has recently undergone drastic renovations, including the construction of a 12-seater cinema and an astroturf tennis court.

Mr and Mrs Clooney
Mr and Mrs Clooney
People, the US magazine, claimed the couple were visited by friend Barack Obama, the former President, at the end of May, while he was in England.
The news that Clooney was to become a father was finally confirmed after much speculation earlier this year by his friend Matt Damon, who told a talk show he was so thrilled for the high-profile couple that he "almost started crying" when he found out.
Damon disclosed that Clooney told him the news while they were filming, and that his wife Amal, 39, was about eight weeks pregnant at the time.

The Clooneys in Venice, the day after their wedding
The Clooneys in Venice, the day after their wedding
"I'm like, 'Are you out of your mind? Don't tell anybody else, don't tell anybody else, I mean, don't you know the 12-week rule?' Of course he doesn't," Damon said, laughing.
Damon praised Mrs Clooney, an international human rights lawyer, calling her "a remarkable woman" and saying George Clooney had "hit the jackpot."
He added the couple were "going to be awesome parents, those kids are lucky."
It is understood the new Clooney family of four will be based in the UK, where Mrs Clooney works

Comments

  1. Hi, We're one of Amazon Top 500 Sellers. And we'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to join our Affiliate plan. Do you have any interest?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hillary Clinton Gains Double-Digit Lead Over Donald Trump in Key Battleground States

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has built up a significant lead in several crucial battleground states, according to new NBC/WSJ/Marist polling released today. Clinton has generated double-digit margins in Virginia and Colorado with 13-point and 14-point advantages over Trump, respectively. The poll also showed Clinton with leads over Trump in Florida and North Carolina. In the Sunshine State, Clinton has a 5-point edge among registered voters. In North Carolina, Clinton enjoys a 9-point advantage. Losses in these states could be devastating for Trump. The Republican nominee’s clearest path to the White House requires wins in Ohio and Florida, where Hillary Clinton has a slight lead, as well as North Carolina and Pennsylvania, where he trails by a broad nine percentage points. Trump has been plagued by controversy since his party’s convention three weeks ago, clashing with the father of a fallen Muslim soldier, refusing to endorse House Speaker...

Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided'

Photo: Eidos Deus Ex: Mankind Divided  is finally out today, an early embargo revealing pretty solid reviews, including my own 8/10 good-not-great score. I love the series, but I just wanted the sequel to evolve a little more than it did. With that said, what it does carry over from  Human Revolution  is welcome, and I enjoyed my time with the game overall. As always, when I get to play a game this early, I try to impart wisdom I’ve learned for those who are just starting out. This is a game where you have to make a lot of fundamental choices about both the story and which upgrade path you pick, so it doesn’t hurt to get some early guidance. There’s a lot to say, but I’ve narrowed it down to a handful of points for your consumption. Here are the ten things I wish I knew when I started  Deus Ex: Mankind Divided : 1. There Are At Least Two Ways To Do Almost Anything Deus Ex: Mankind Divided , like its predecessor, is a game about choice. ...

Chelsea vs. Manchester City: Score, Reaction from 2016 Premier League Game

Manchester City defeated 10-man Chelsea 3-0 on Saturday to claim their first three-win Premier League streak since September, with Sergio  Aguero  bagging a hat-trick to move the Citizens one point ahead of Arsenal into third.   The Argentina striker scored twice in the second period to guide the Citizens past Chelsea, who saw goalkeeper Thibaut  Courtois  sent off with 12 minutes left as interim manager  Guus   Hiddink  lost his second league game of the term. Aguero  brought his tally to 21 for the Premier League season, and Sky Sports  Statto  provided proof of just how effective a scorer he's been for his English employers: The two teams took little time to get off the mark, and  Aguero   was denied a scoring opportunity in the opening minutes before Pedro saw his effort cleared off the line by Pablo  Zabaleta  at the other end. Diego Costa played a crucial role in opening up that chanc...