Skip to main content

Andrew Tate and his brother released from prison, moved to house arrest in Romania

They were taken into custody on December 29 last year, and neither of the two brothers has been formally charged in the case

Famous social media influencer Andrew Tate and his brother have been released from prison in Romania, and placed under house arrest for 30 days, Sky News reported citing court documents.

Andrew Tate and his brother, Tristan, are being investigated over allegations of sexual assault and exploitation, as per a media report.

An appeals court in Bucharest's order said it "rejects the proposal to extend the duration of the preventive arrest measure regarding the defendants Tate III Emory Andrew, Tate Tristan, Naghel Georgiana Manuela and Radu Alexandra Luana."

The court order further said, "[The court] replaces the measure of preventive detention ordered against the defendants.. with the preventive measure of house arrest, for a period of 30 days." The order further said that it "orders immediate release of the defendants," according to a Sky News report.

Andrew Tate and his brother were taken into custody on December 29 last year. Neither of the two brothers has been formally charged in the case. They had requested for release from custody. However, their requests were rejected four times since December.

Speaking to Sky News, Andrew Tate's communications director Mateea Petrescu said they are not a flight risk and do not pose a danger to public safety. Petrescu said, "They are not a flight risk and they are not a danger to public safety, therefore [the authorities] have decided to release them under house arrest."

Mateea Petrescu called it a "small step" and said that they continue to remain under investigation. The two brothers are also being detained on suspicion of organized crime and human trafficking. Two Romanian women who were detained along with Andrew Tate and his brother have also not been formally charged, as per the news report.

Following the arrests, Romania's anti-organised crime agency DIICOT in a statement said that it had identified six victims in the human trafficking case who were allegedly subjected to "acts of physical violence and mental coercion" and sexually exploited by members of the alleged crime group, as per the Sky News report.

According to the agency, the victims were lured with pretences of love and later intimidated and placed under surveillance. The agency said that the victims were subjected to other control tactics while being coerced into getting involved in pornographic acts for the financial gain of the crime group. Romanian authorities have said that they had seized money and goods worth around £3.25m from the influencer's villa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Is Zuleyka Rivera? 5 Things To Know About The ‘Despacito’ Actress

With ‘Despacito’ up for Record of the Year at the 2018 Grammy Awards, here’s everything you need to know about the music video’s actress — Zuleyka Rivera! 1. She’s a renowned beauty queen.  Not only did she claim the Miss Universe Puerto Rico title, Zuleyka eventually took the top prize and was later crowned Miss Universe in 2006. 2. After her huge Miss Universe win, she studied acting and eventually became a TV star.  She now lives in Miami where she’s frequently a special guest or a host on shows like  Un Nuevo Dia  on Telemundo and  Despierta America  on Univision. Before that, she became a breakout star by appearing on several Televisa soap operas in Mexico. 3. In addition to modeling, she also owns her own clothing line.  On top of running her own teen-ware clothing collection, she also has three fragrance lines called the Karisma, Zuleyka and Zuleyka 2010. If that wasn’t impressive enough, she also started an amazing swims...

Frank Ocean new album: How to listen and stream Boys Don’t Cry when it drops

After two missed release dates a year apart and a confusing decoy of a “live stream” video, Frank Ocean is set to finally release his second album,  Boys Don’t Cry , on Friday 5 August. It will be launched through an exclusive deal with Apple Music, according to the  New York Times , who cite a ‘person with knowledge of the release plans’. If indeed this is the case (and it would make sense, that live stream has an Apple watermark), it means you’ll need to sign up for Apple Music to listen to the  Channel Orange  follow-up, which costs £9.99 a month (£4.99 for students through Apple’s UNiDAYS promotion). You might want to turn off auto-renewal off though (Apple Music app > profile icon > View Apple ID. > Subscriptions > Manage > switch Auto-Renewal off), if you’re the kind of person who, like me, is liable to forget that you’ve signed up for the service indefinitely. Beyond Apple Music...

Why My Chemical Romance's 'The Black Parade' Was The 'Sgt Pepper' Of The Emo Generation

Secret (or not so secret) noughties emos rejoice! Grab some black hair dye and vow to disown your parents all over again! Because  My Chemical Romance  look  set to reissue an expanded version of 'The Black Parade' , their third and most successful album, for its 10 year anniversary (yes, you really are  that  old).  The news last night, stoked by a  mysterious video  teased on the band's long-dormant Twitter page, was enough to rev some sections of the internet into a frenzy. But what's all the fuss about? Well, the album in question wasn't just the band's best, nor just most succinct album of its genre, it was one of the most important records of the last decade.  An  "ostentatious concept-album-cum-rock-opera about death" , as we described it upon its release, the record is a bombastic tour-de-force that took cues from Green Day's 'American Idiot' (both albums were recorded with the same producer) but sounded nothing like its...