Skip to main content

KAT VON D DISASSOCIATES HERSELF FROM FRIEND JEFFREE STAR IN LENGTHY SOCIAL MEDIA POST





Kat Von D wanted the whole world to know that she was no longer associating herself with pal Jeffree Star, singer and makeup artist, so she took to social media to announce the break in their friendship late on Monday night, July 18, 2016.
"After years of making excuses for, and rationalizing Jeffree's inappropriate behavior (including, promoting drug use, racism, and bullying) I can no longer hold my tongue after recent events," she wrote in an Instagram post. "I know that over the years, many of you were introduced to Jeffree through me, and regardless if you chose to continue to follow him or not, I just would like to disassociate myself from him and his brand from this point on."
With that, Kat also promised to elaborate on the reasons for her public announcement in the coming days.
"I plan on posting a video explanation as to why I felt compelled to make such a statement. But for the time being, I simply want to apologize to anybody and everybody who has ever had to deal with any of his negativity," the 34-year-old said.
The tattoo artist, who has her own makeup line, even dedicated a shade of her Kat Von D lipstick to Jeffree, but now says she'll be discontinuing the color.
"And yes, with a heavy heart, I will be pulling the shade "Jeffree" from my collection," she continued.
Finishing, "Sending extra love to everyone out there."
Jeffree was quick to reply to Kat's message, also jumping onto social media with a series of posts.
He claimed that she got upset when he came out with his own cosmetics brand.
Kat and I texted a few days ago after 6 MONTHS of silence. She never supported me or my brand and got distant when I launched mine.

Jeffree called the whole ordeal "sad and gross" and decided to step away from it all.
This whole situation is sad and gross. I don't need to clap back or make a video about someone's post. It's getting trite.

Instead of feeding into negativity and internet fights, I'm going back to the real world and off to enjoy the rest of my day <3

But, Kat didn't back down. In response to his string of tweets, she accused Jeffree of stealing artwork from her.
We'll just have to wait and see how things play out between Kat Von D and the Jeffree Star Cosmestics creator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane the Virgin Season Finale Recap: The Wedding of Jane Gloriana Villanueva

Ivonne Coll as Alba, Gina Rodriquez as Jane, Andrea Navedo as Xo. If I could write this whole recap with emojis, there'd be several varieties of hearts, the running man, the dancing woman, and lots and lots of fires and heart-eyed faces. Those creepy dancing twin girls would also make an appearance. And there'd be a gun. My imaginary emoji recap is appealing because it's incredibly hard to come away from a blockbuster hour of television like "Chapter Forty-Four" and pull together coherent thoughts that aren't just "AHHH!" or "WHY would you get ICE for the DAMN CHAMPAGNE?!" or "OMG FACE OFF MASK!" or "Why isn't all of life just Jane and Rogelio doing that father/daughter dance forever?" But I'll give it a try. Jane the Virgin 's season finale is a narrative fireworks display, a shock-and-awe storytelling spectacular that short-circuits emotional processing centers with blazing confidence. It drops j